What is the CHEST Community Platform?
The CHEST Community Platform is a multi-user forum that provides a way for the project stakeholders to meet, discuss and collaborate on the ongoing activities with all interested parties. It is open to everyone and encourages all forms of collaboration in the field of digital social innovation, linking incubators and financiers from within the CHEST Community with entrepreneurs, bringing DSI researchers together to exchange thoughts and ideas and seeking to facilitate the emergence and development of new innovations in this space.
Centrally it seeks to connect the many very young and small-scale organisations and innovative projects in Europe to collaboratively develop projects, share learning and best practice, seek funding and sustainable new business models, encouraging collaboration and to share experiences and views.
How does it work?
The CHEST Community Platform allows users to share, comment and reply to any blog entry, providing the grounds for debate on any topic. The CHEST Community Platform also allows members to upload pictures and supported videos to the posts.
The Forum is divided into the following main sections:
- The first three sections are devoted to the results of the three CHEST open calls respectively: The Call 1 Winning Ideas, the Call 2 Partner Projects and the Call 3 Prototype Projects.
- The fourth section (CHEST lessons learnt) is devoted to share experience done within the CHEST project itself, and to discuss about the lessons learnt in planning and carrying out the process of cascade funding and project selection and monitoring, for the purpose of possible future initiatives like CHEST.
- The fifth section (Digital Social Innovation) is a place where a general discussion can take place about the realm of digital social innovation. All interested stakeholders can contribute with experience and knowledge, and other possible innovators can take inspiration and find reference to working experiences and guidelines.
Why should I use it?
The CHEST community platform can be used for a variety of different functions:
- As a catalyst to bring together a collection of the different parties needed to propose and undertake a DSI project.
- As a platform to discuss the progress and goals of the winners of Call 1-3 with the key stakeholders involved in the project.
- As a place to share experiences and discuss all things related to DSI with a collection of likeminded people.